Truro City Council’s Countryside Ranger team are pleased to announce a series of Bioblitz events.
A Bioblitz is an event in which volunteers, scientists, and naturalists conduct research during a specific time period, surveying and identifying as many species as possible.
The rangers will be running three sessions on the week commencing Monday 25th July, where you can join in with the survey, identify species, and learn more about the flora and fauna in our open green spaces, such as woodlands and meadows.
The Ranger team commented: “As a team, we are very excited to work with the community and conservation organisations to help monitor and record our diverse range of species.
“We feel it would be a great opportunity for the public to learn more about Truro’s amazing wildlife, and in return help us with our ongoing conservation management.”
The sessions will run as follows:
- Monday 25th July – 14.00 – 16.00 – Glasteinan Woodland
- Wednesday 27th July – 14.00 – 16.00 – Daubuz Moor
- Friday 29th July – 10.00 – 12.00 – Coosebean Northern Meadows
The events are free to attend and no prior booking is required.
If you have a smartphone, please download iNaturalist, Big Butterfly Count, and ORKS apps, which can be used on the day to make the sessions more interactive. However, this is not essential.
For more information, follow @truroscountrysiderangers on Facebook, or see the Visit Truro website: www.visittruro.org.uk
Notes to editors:
- Visit Truro is a service provided by Truro City Council
- For further information on the events, please contact email@example.com
- For further media enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org