Entries open to residents of Truro for Truro City Council’s Annual Garden and Allotments Competition
Truro City Council’s Annual Garden and Allotments Competition will take place on Friday 1st July.
Residents of the City of Truro can enter their garden into the competition in any of the following classes:
1. Best Kept Garden – Under 50m2
2. Best Kept Garden – Over 50m2
3. Best Kept Patio Garden
4. Best Hanging Basket or Window Box Display
5. Best Business Frontage
6. Best Kept Communal Garden
7. Best Kept Vegetable Garden
8. Best Kept Garden Attended by the Disabled
9. Best Kept Area Maintained by Children
10. Best Kept School Garden
11. Best Wildlife-Friendly Garden
12. Best Pollinator-Friendly Garden
13. Best Green Initiative
14. Bets Water Garden
15. Best Urban Garden
All allotments are automatically entered.
Each will be judged on its merits, with the judge’s decision being final. Terms and conditions are explained on the entry forms.
This year’s judge is Parks, Amenities and Facilities Officer, Richard Budge. He commented: “I am pleased that we are back to normality and able to run the competition for the community of Truro.
“I am excited to be judging the competition again and look forward to seeing the entries.”
You can obtain an entry form in person at either the Visitor Information Centre on Boscawen Street, or Truro Community Library on Union Place.
The Visitor Information Centre is open from 09.30 – 16.30, Monday to Saturday. The Library is open from 09.00 – 17.00, Monday – Friday, and from 10.00 – 16.00 on Saturdays.
If you would like a digital version, please contact email@example.com, who will be able to email a form to you.
Alternatively, forms can be downloaded from the Truro City Council website: click here.
Forms will automatically be sent to previous entrants.
Entries must be returned no later than noon on Friday 24th June.
You can return via:
● Post to Truro City Council, Municipal Buildings, Boscawen Street, Truro, TR1 2NE;
● Email to firstname.lastname@example.org;
● In person at the Parks Office, Truro City Council Offices, First Floor, Truro Community Library, Union Place, Truro, TR1 1EP – office hours only (Monday – Thursday 09.00 – 17.00, Friday 09.00 – 16.30).
Following the judging on Friday 1st July, winners will be notified and prizes will be sent via post.
In the case of inclement weather conditions, the judging will be postponed.
Please see our Facebook page for updates: @trurocitycouncil
Notes to editors:
● For further information relating to the Garden and Allotments Competition, contact the Parks department at email@example.com
● For media enquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org