Job Vacancy - Zero Carbon Officer
Zero Carbon Officer
Truro City Council is seeking a part-time, permanent Zero Carbon Officer. The position is within
the Town Clerk’s Department and the role will be responsible for achieving Truro City Council’s
The ideal candidate will need to demonstrate skills and knowledge in the following areas:
• Experience and knowledge – carbon neutrality and sustainability.
• Communication – an engaging and creative approach to problem solving to ensure that
objectives can be achieved.
• Interpersonal skills – create and maintain positive relationships with a variety of stakeholders
and across multiple council departments.
• Excellent verbal and written communication – including report writing.
• Confident in using IT – including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Strong organisational skills – including and ability to work to deadlines.
• Strong time management skills – ability to prioritise tasks effectively; sometimes working
• An enthusiastic and positive approach – you enjoy working with others and sharing ideas.
• Ability to role model the Council’s agreed behaviours of Civility and Respect.
Truro City Council is committed to making equality, diversity, and inclusivity at the heart of
everything we do.
WHAT WE OFFER: 23 days holiday entitlement, 8 bank holidays and two additional statutory days
(pro rata), generous pension scheme, on-site parking and £24,496 – £25,878 gross per year (pro
rata) (depending on qualification and/or experience)
Closing date for this position is 9am Monday 17th April 2023
To apply please complete the attached application pack.