Changing Places toilets are designed for people who can’t use a standard accessible toilet. Changing Place toilets are designed for people who need additional space, equipment, and a carer. They also allow assistants to use the toilet without leaving the disabled person unattended.

A Changing Places facility includes:

Changing Place locations

We have 2 facilities managed by Truro City Council, for people with disabilities who need help from their carer to use the toilet.

The Changing Places can be found at:

How to access them

To access the CPT at the Tennis Pavilion you can press the call button by the door and a member of staff in the café will give you access.  The opening times are 9am to 4pm seven days a week (NB: these may be extended during the summer months with fine weather) .

To access Green Street you will need to apply for a fob (£5 admin charge) and complete the form (available to download at the bottom of the page), we will need the name, address and contact details of the carer if applicable and the user, and evidence of eligibility1 for the higher rate Disability Living Allowance, Personal Independence Payment or Attendance Allowance.  The fobs are available for collection from Truro Community Library, Union Place, Truro, TR1 1EP or Truro Tourist Information Centre, 30 Boscawen Street, Truro TR1 2QQ.  Both locations will have forms available if you are unable to print it.

As a carer, you are responsible for safety at all times. We can’t offer advice or help when you are using the equipment.

If you are a carer and helping someone in a Changing Places toilet, you will need to:

The hoist has a maximum weight restriction of 31.5 stone, and the changing bench has a maximum weight restriction of 30 stone.

  1. – Letter from your medical professional which states that you cannot walk up to 100m.
    – Disability Living Allowance with higher rate mobility component.  The official letter must not be older than 12 months and shows the period awarded
    – Letter from Social Services confirming registration as disabled person.
    – War pension (Mobility supplement)
    – Current Blue badge parking permit (photocopy of both sides)
    – Vehicle Excise Duty (car tax disc) exemption certificate
    – Personal Independence Payments – you must have at a total of 8 points in either Moving Around, Communicating or a combination of both. ↩︎